Today I’m going to share with you 5 tips on how to stay inspired and motivated as you move towards your goals.
We all have the ability to succeed! Ultimately, the level of success each person achieves depends on their state of mind. Their subconscious mind.
As humans, we make things hard for ourselves. Our mind is used to operating from a negative space. Looking around for dangers constantly. We needed that hundreds of years ago, to keep us safe from predators. But now those behaviours hinder our ability to move forward confidently towards our goals.
Let’s look at the mind: Around 5% of our mind is conscious – think the 5 senses. It is the thinking mind.
95% of our mind is subconscious – it is the feeling mind. This part of the mind has a set of beliefs and it plays out in your everyday life. It controls our life. So if you want to change something, this is the part of the mind that needs shifting.
When we set goals on a whim, we make it hard for ourselves. Why is this? Well, you’re operating from a conscious level. You’re using the 5% of your brain. You’re not digging deep enough to get the subconscious on board. If the subconscious is not on board, you will be operating on willpower alone and it is a fast track to failure – or at most, success on a more difficult path.
I used to be unhappy with the way things were going in my life. I?d say something like ?I’m going to give up alcohol,? and I?d be feeling excited about that life decision as I?d probably drank too much the evening before and I?d feel ready to feel and do better, and I would feel really inspired. My thoughts would be along the lines of ?My life needs to change and this is what I really really want?. I’d be all fired up! And then I?d start to make changes and as the days went on I’d find it a struggle because I wasn’t feeling the high vibrational emotions anymore.
I did want those changes.
But I forgot why I wanted the changes.
I was not emotionally involved with my goals.
Therefore, for example, the thought of having a chilled glass of wine gave me greater pleasure than the thought of not having a glass of wine. And so the cycle continued. For years, until I realised that I was doing it all wrong.
That enabled me to then change and get things right.
Here?s 5 tips that will help you to keep the subconscious on board so that you can stay motivated on your quest to success.
1. Have clearly defined goals. The universe does not like confusion. Know what you want and get emotionally involved with it. This gets your subconscious involved in the process. When you do this repetitively, it eventually forms in the subconscious as a new belief or habit and then it becomes second nature.
2. Have a vision board alongside your goals so that you can connect visually with exactly what you want. Every time you look at it, it should evoke emotion, again a process that involves the subconscious mind and supports the rewiring of those neural pathways in your mind to bring you different results. On the days where you are losing motivation, connect more deeply with your vision board and goals, to evoke the feel good emotions again and get yourself back on track. Visualise reaching those goals and what that feels like, often.
3. Go deep rooted with your why. If you want to have long-term change, stay motivated and inspired and achieve success more easily. I dig into the why with my clients. Simply journal on these prompts:
Why do I want this?
How will I feel when I have it?
Why do I want to feel/have that?
Keep asking why until you have nothing more to write. Then, when you have your why, connect with that. Connect with the why whenever you need to, whenever you feel like you are going off track.
4. Surround yourself with people who have some of the goals you are looking to achieve. You get to choose who you spend your time with. Yes, you may have toxic people in your life. You may have challenging situations at home. I know that. I went through it myself for many years. However, we can still choose who we surround ourselves with. Do it online, subscribe to podcasts, if there’s somebody you love listening to, or somebody’s YouTube channel that you can dip in and listen to.meditations or hypnosis sessions that you like from a particular person pain and connect with them. Or lives like this. You know where you actually have interaction and you can have a conversation with the person. It’s never been easier to surround ourselves with inspirational people. And that has a powerful effect on your results. It really really does.
5. Get support from a mentor. It could be paid or unpaid, it could be through an enterprise board or a friend, or someone you look up to. But take steps towards it. Learn from the best as well as mixing with the best.
So there?s some simple tips to support you on your journey to success.
Remember that emotion is everything.
You can sit and read your goals 100 times an hour. But if you’re feeling low emotions as you do it, such as frustration, resentment or anger, it?s not going to bring you the results that you desire.
So write those goals, and put them visually on paper. Connect with them, and with the deep reasoning behind them. Then take aligned action. Get a mentor, or any support you prefer, and take those steps. Nothing can hold you back unless you let it.
To your success!